What Do You Get When You Look In The Mirror?
A reflection! Corny joke but it sets the mood. I think this is a great time to do a mid-semester reflection. I honestly wish more classes would have a mid-semester reflection sheet or something to let the professor know what they think/feel so far.
Honestly, the thing I notice more and more as I take and have taken classes as interesting as this one, is that I wish it was taught in Highschool. I think things like Psychology, Communications, and other classes that help you understand yourself and others better should be taught at an early age. When I first went into this class I honestly thought it would be a lot of what I already know. Like subliminal messaging in the form of visual communication, yet there is so much more. It feels like another world that I have never noticed before.
I’m happy that an aspect of this class is to take in as much visual information as possible. Like the assignment with the photographs taken by Charles Moore. I like it because you get to build and expand your ideas. I think we can all agree that the assignments sometimes have us worried. One of the first things I said to the professor was that when we are given a lot of creative control over an assignment, it makes it the scariest. That’s exactly how I felt with the children’s book assignment. Hours of thinking about what to recreate and at one point I think I lost all understanding of what a children’s book is.
I guess what I am trying to say is that for a class that I thought would not be that difficult or perhaps eye-opening, I stand corrected. I am taking a Political Science class, as well as a Psychology class, and neither gives me as much of a thought-provoking time as this one.
Another quick note is that when I first saw that this class was once a week I thought, “Oh cool just one time a week and that’s it” and just like life loves to do, it’s my favorite class.
I wish there was something negative I can say to make it a little more entertaining to read but honestly, I’m having a good time with this class. There was a Media class I took last semester where we posted Blogs as well and here I am continuing that trend. I actually like this whole, “write about what I feel and see if people really care”. I don’t think I’m that interesting but some of you have to post comments so it makes me feel good ha!
To close this blog out, I also want to say that I really enjoy reading everyone’s blogs. It’s a cool way to stay connected and get to know each one of you and read how our thoughts can align or differ on a topic. Good job everyone and to end off another semester on a high note!
I agree with the point you made that this should have been taught in high school. I feel like it would've been a bit more engaging there and a chance to learn more since classes were 5 days a week. Overall, I want to say I agree with you when I say the reading other blogs helps me understand more about the class and the way my peers think as well.
ReplyDeleteIt's so funny how me and you have the same perspective of this class. This is one of my favorite classes, and its really a class that makes you pause and think. The children's book was definitely an assignment that I was stressed over. I chose the book "Goodnight Moon" and I was wondering for a few hours how to complete the assignment. But once I started I got the flow of it right away. I am happy you are enjoying the class, love the positive vibes.
ReplyDeleteI also love reading everyone else's blogs! It even helps me get a better understanding of the topic when I hear how someone else has interpreted it. At first I was scared the class would be too hard and a lot of work, but it has been going very smoothly.
ReplyDelete